Lacey and I spent last week at the Outer Banks of North Carolina with some great friends. We had an excellent time playing in the waves, chilling on the beaches, reading, exploring local historical spots, eating good food, playing ridiculous games, and laughing hard.
2014 is now at an end. In my opinion, it has been a massive success. The best yet, even! Here is a list of personal highlights for 2014:
- Lacey and I planned our wedding in 3 months.
- We got married!
- We honeymooned in Costa Rica.
- I quit a job, and started a new (awesome) one.
- I became a level 9 uncle (Fisher, my newest nephew, was born).
- Lacey and I purchased stand-up paddle boards.
- We went to the beach with some great friends.
- We enjoyed Thanksgiving in Pigeon Forge with Lacey’s family.
- I witnessed Dad and Mom enter their 37th year of marriage.
- We did Christmas in Knoxville with my Family (all four sisters were in town).
- We saved a little money.
There are some pretty significant bullet points on that list! I am thankful for what this past year has brought us, and I look forward to what’s in store for 2015. Here are some of the plans/goals I’m looking forward to:
- A weekend mountain trip with some really good friends.
- Attending a marriage conference with Lacey.
- Celebrating our first anniversary (details TBD)!
- Having a man-night every other week!
- Traveling somewhere new.
- Spending time with family.
- Becoming a better programmer.
- Reading more.
- Being more physically active.
- Saving more money.
- Investing in relationships.
We had a fun Christmas card photo shoot with our cousin, Addison, during our Thanksgiving break. Lacey and Addison came up with some creative poses. I focused on camera work. We had a lot of fun with this, and Aunt Amanda did a great job with the Christmas card.
May 24, 2013 – June 1, 2013
Over the past couple of weeks I’ve gotten to spend some fun times with my nephew, Jack. He will turn five years old this summer, and he’s already got a sweet passion for playing, dancing, conversing, and educating himself. It’s pretty awesome to watch.
I had a blast at my cousin’s wedding over the weekend. The celebration of Parker & Liz took place at the beautiful Grandview on Lookout Mountain. It was a great time welcoming Liz to the Cousin Crew, and I look forward to getting to know her in the years to come.
November 4th. You’re going to want to be at Remedy Coffee in the old city. Cereus Bright (featuring my sister) will be performing. Scott Johnson will open the show, to be followed by Jordan Bernardini, the illusionist. Artwork and photography will be exhibited by some of Knoxville’s finest (if I do say so myself, and I do).
- Brittany Fray
- David Angel (that’s me!!)
- Rebekah Angel (that’s another sister!)
- Erin Grimson
- Abbie Holt
I’m pumped about this for all sorts of reasons. It’s a bit of a family affair, and it looks like there will be a ton of inspiring work to peruse.
Friday, November 4 · 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Today we celebrated my nephew Sam’s 1st Birthday. It was a lot of fun! Hard to believe the little fellow’s already been with us for a year. My how time flies!